Department of Citation Analysis
One of the main missions of this department is to identify and evaluate accredited scientific journals in Iran, Islamic countries and other countries in the world. With consideration of geographic and linguistic diversity of intended countries and also considering the difference in scientific level of different countries, the department has ratified and approved journals indexing regulation in ISC. On this basis, journals-as one of the most significant components of the science world- are valued annually in ISC and their status of promotion or demotion in rank is determined every year, for, the revision of journals is the principal pillar of the revision of scientific system.
In order to enrich the quantitative and qualitative level of journals, they are evaluated based on the approved regulations and categorized into three lists of core journals, waiting list and master journals. It should be noted that the current journals in each list could be ascended or descended to other levels after periodical evaluations. In order to increase the quality of the evaluation process, ISC has extracted the methods and evaluation process of other credible citation databases and also has tried to standardize the methods of evaluation by adjusting and enhancing the indigenous and Islamic components.
1) Identifying credible journals of Islamic countries.
2) Identifying credible open access journals.
3) Identifying credible editors (Islamic countries, etc).
4) Evaluating the journals which have requested to be evaluated and indexed in different ways (e.g. through email, telephone, etc).
5) Extracting bibliographic information of journals.
6) Allocating main subject, sub subject and field to journals.
7) Communicating with editors-in-chief and journals experts to improve the quality of journals information and website.
8) Answering the clients and emails.
9) Doing other affairs asked by the manager.
10) Upgrading the quantitative and qualitative level of the indexed journals.
11) No more than 10% of articles published in a year should be authored by editorial board members, editor in chief and managing editor.
Head of Department:
M.A in Knowledge and Information Science
Starting date of management: June 2018
Mahnaz Heidarpour, Supervisior (M.A in French Language and Literature)
Sheida Zarei, Research Expert (B.A in English Translation)
Zahra Shakib, Research Expert (B.A in Geography)
Malihe Nematollahi, Research Expert (M.A in Knowledge and Information Science)
Somayeh Barzin, Research Expert (M.A in Arabic Language and Literature)
Address: Islamic World Science Citation Center, Jam-e-Jam Ave, Jomhouri Eslami Blvd, Shiraz, IRAN. Postal Code: 71946-94173 Email: email@example.com Phone: 98-71-36468017
Requirements for journals to enter the evaluation process